Phoenix Wage and Hour Disputes Lawyer
Your work is valuable, and you should be paid appropriately for that work. If your employer isn’t paying you fairly, however, it can make everyday financial needs a challenge. Whether your employer has failed to pay you according to overtime or minimum wage laws or they have failed to pay you for hours that you worked, you do not have to face this challenge alone.
Whether you are filing a claim under Arizona law or a federal statute, working with an experienced employment law attorney can ensure that the wage or hour issue you have experienced doesn’t go unnoticed. The Foster Group has the skill and experience you need to navigate through a wage and hour dispute, to fight for the pay you are due and to protect your financial future.
Navigating Through Wage And Hour Laws in Phoenix
There are a variety of regulations – both on the state and federal level – that govern the time that your employer must pay you for and the amount that they must pay you. Wage and hour violations can include:
- Misclassifying workers as contractors instead of employees
- Misclassifying employees as exempt from overtime pay
- Failing to pay employees for overtime hours worked
- Asking employees to work “off the clock” instead of paying them for all time worked
- Pay disparities based on discrimination
- Paying employees according to the federal minimum wage rather than the Arizona minimum wage
- Not paying appropriately work-related activities including repair, maintenance or cleanup at your work station
- Not paying employees on a timely basis
- Breach of contract or standard company payment practices on sick time, commission, bonuses and other pay
If the court decides that you have been paid unfairly, you could be eligible for compensation for your lost wages as well as other damages including attorney and court costs.
It is, however, important to move quickly on your case. There are deadlines for filing a claim, and these cases can be particularly complex because of the variety of laws involved. Speaking to a wage and hour disputes attorney in Phoenix soon after you have experienced a wage violation is one of the best ways to ensure that all relevant deadlines are met, to collect all the necessary evidence and to build a strong legal strategy.
Contact An Experienced Wage and Hour Disputes Attorney
When you have been paid unfairly, you can fight for fair treatment. Reach out to the experienced team at The Foster Group through the firm’s online contact form or call 602-461-7990 to arrange for an initial consultation with an experienced Phoenix wage and hour disputes lawyer.